The impact of information technology, new systems as well as improvements in distribution and services has changed the environment in which organizations compete. Large organizations cannot afford to treat their projects as isolated efforts. With dozens or even hundreds of projects underway at any given time, a strategic approach to portfolio management is the only way to avoid duplicated efforts, conflicting agendas and problems with resource allocation. Because of the focus on broader business visibility, portfolio theory is catching pace to cross pollinate the service automation market.
Portfolio Management Office by SBSC is designed to allow your organization to centrally manage processes, methods and technologies, analyze and collectively manage/control current or proposed projects/programs/portfolios based on numerous key characteristics and to optimally utilize resources for delivery of scheduled activities to best achieve an organization’s operational and financial goals.
Project & Portfolio Management
- Better controls incoming projects.
- Align your portfolios with business goals and strategies.
- Get a quick and reliable overview of your entire portfolio and projects.
- Effectively manage project operations across your company.
- Optimize the use of human, capital, and equipment assets.
- Deploy resources efficiently and assign them to projects based on need, qualifications, and availability.
- Identify and deploy resources according to organizational structure and approval workflows.
- Maintain up-to-date information about employees’ skills and experience.
Monitoring & Control
Improve productivity by utilizing shortcuts and accessing charts that provide real time metrics such as receivables, to-do list and requests access to HMOs.
Budget & Cost Management
- Monitor time, budgets, and expenses for both billable and non-billable activities.
- Report on estimates versus actual costs for projects and portfolios.
- Integrate with existing financial systems, which supply required data such as labour costs for specific roles and individual resources.
Better Decision Making
Eases the prediction of future impacting factors and past project metrics enabling decision makers to identify current contributing and non-contributing portfolios in addition to improved understanding project delivery dependencies.
Ability to avoid or reduce exposure to risks under categories such as finance, governance, and resource utilization. Provides an accountability framework to manage and control the right level of compliances to be followed through every project lifecycle.
The greater degree of visibility resulting in a centralized approach that reduces project costs by reduction or elimination of duplicate efforts.
Value to Stakeholders
Stakeholders will have centralized access to programs and projects as well as the ability to provide valuable strategies, insights, and feedback to ensure that projects receive the required support.
Enable Repeatable Success
Establish and document best practices and proven project management methodologies and enforce their usage throughout the organization. Additionally, real-time data can be used to continually improve project operations and results.